We like to welcome everybody to the Ba Ba Guest House. We have one en suite bedroom on the ground floor and four more on the first floor and second floors, please let us know any particular requirements you have at the time of booking. If you have any specific requirements or questions you would like to discuss with us, please don’t hesitate to phone us or contact us by email.
The house is on three levels; ground, first and second floor. There is one parking space per room and you may block other cars in, if this does happen we would request you let us know when you check in and we would request you leave your key with us in case someone needs to leave in an emergency, if you do not wish to do this there is plenty of on road parking and a free public car park approximately 200 meters away. The car park surface is smooth tarmac and is directly accessible from the road. The parking is approximately than 20m from the front door. There are two small steps up into the house and a further step from the porch into the hall.
The ground floor bedroom can be accessed directly from the hall. The door opens directly into the room, the room is long and thin and has a very tight access into the shower room making it difficult for a wheelchair user to maneuver around.
Once into the hall there are no further steps on the ground floor. Breakfast is served in the dining room, which is on the ground floor. There are two flights of stairs the first set have 17 steps to the first floor with a turn at the top and the second set have 15 steps again with a turn at the top both have handrails on the left hand side. Once you are on either floor there are no further steps.
Assistance Dogs and Pets
We welcome assistance dogs – but it would help if you could mention that you will be bringing an assistance dog at the time of booking.
Sorry, but we do not accept any pets.
- Menus and guest information are available in large print on request.
- 4 bedrooms have en suite facilities.
- Room 1 which is a single room has one step down and one step back up to access the sitting and bathroom area.
- 1 bedroom has private facilities, the bathroom is opposite the bedroom and is accessed by a key, we would recommend you take the key with you when you use the bathroom as the bedroom door is a fire door and would automatically lock as you leave the room, so by having the key in your possession you cannot get locked out of the bedroom.
- Hospitality trays with cordless kettles are available in the bedrooms.
- The bedrooms doors lock as they close and guests are provided with a room key and a front door key as they check in.
- The televisions in the bedrooms are flat screen with free view and all have remote control handsets.
- Each bedroom has a main ceiling light, controllable from the door. There are also bedside lamps on each side of the bed.
- The duvets and pillows are made of a synthetic filling,suitable for people with allergies.
- Heating is on a timer and thermostatically controlled, there are also radiator valves on each radiator and adjustable in guest rooms.
All mobile phone networks have good to average coverage in Chester.
People with nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the kitchen.
We are happy to supply soya milk or rice milk, decaffeinated coffee or tea or other alternatives on request, also we can assist with any dietary requirements. Please advise us prior to your arrival.
We are non-smoking throughout and have been for several years before the recent no-smoking legislation was introduced.